The Importance of Duct Cleaning
Updated: Mar 10
Why should you have your ducts cleaned? Because they get dirty! The average cleaning session will collect an average of six pounds of dust and dirt. No matter how clean you keep your home, there is always small particles and debris being pulled into your air circulation and distribution of air. This includes dust, dirt, pet dander, and pollen that eventually reduces the air flow and comfort level (in more than one way) in your home or business.
5 Reason to have your ducts cleaned regularly.
1) Savings - Removal of dust and debris from the coils of the air duct will greatly reduces your energy consumption rate. Saving a sizable amount of money on your utility bills.
2) Health - Improving the air quality in your home can be done by reducing the amount of dust, air contaminants, and toxic substances such as mold and mouse waste that are frequently found in the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. If air flow vents aren’t cleaned frequently, these contaminants will continue to be emitted in your home and may cause illness.
3) Improved HVAC System Staying Power - About 9 out of 10 heating and air conditioner systems malfunction or fail simply due to lack of regular maintenance. Maintenance costs in terms of spare parts and the labor required in the heating, cooling, or ventilation system are significantly cheaper compared to the costs of replacing the entire system.
4) Reduced Allergens - For those with allergies, cleaning your air ducts promotes a healthy environment to prevent disease breakout. This will also save you in the long term as you and your family will suffer less from illness.
5) Odor Elimination - A musty scent in your house may suggest that dust, fungi, or mildew might be inhabiting the air ventilation systems. These odors can’t be removed just by using air fresheners. Having professionals clean your ducts will remove the smell completely. Air duct cleaning is a process that involves clearing of any debris from the air ducts, as well as the grilles, registers, and other parts of the forced air system. High power vacuum and compression systems are used in order to successfully clean every part of your air duct system.
When hiring a contractor to clean your ducts, make sure they come equipped with the right tools and equipment to ensure that your ducts perform optimally as they are clean and free of any debris that could compromise the function of both the heating and cooling systems. Contact Top Quality Heating & Cooling today and inquire about our professional duct cleaning services.